Engaged employees make the perfect ambassadors for your organization. They always give that little bit extra, and that little bit can make a huge difference for your organization. How engaged are employees during the COVID-19 pandemic? And what can you do to keep your employees engaged and enthusiastic? Our Employee Engagement Specialist Axel Schiphof answers both of these questions.
Effectory has developed a special set of questions for the current coronavirus crisis: Effectory COVID-19 Workforce Pulse. These questions will enable you to gage how your employees are doing and whether they are able to work productively. Axel Schiphof shares insights gleaned from the first 75 scans, as well as tips and tricks for keeping your employees engaged.
Why is engagement so important right now?
HR managers now have a crucial responsibility to discuss the importance of engagement. We obviously have no control over the current crisis, but we do have control over how we interact with our employees. And that’s important, because your organization will only be able to pull through this crisis if your employees are engaged.
How engaged are employees during the COVID-19 pandemic?
At the moment, many employees are experiencing a sense of togetherness: we are all in this together. Employees are glad that they still have their jobs and are doing everything they can to keep it that way. Teams are working better together and rules and procedures are on the back burner for the time being. On the other hand, it is important to remember that a lot has changed for your employees in a short period of time. This means that they are more easily distracted and work may be less of a priority right now. Employees also want more clarity. Organizations are showing understanding, but employees are not seeing this fully reflected in their workload.
The Effectory COVID-19 Workforce Pulse reveals that:
- 75% of employees are satisfied with the way that their organization is handling the crisis.
- 71% of employees are confident in the future of the organization (this figure was 76% before the crisis).
- 84% of employees are able to work remotely (this means that many organizations are meeting the needs of their employees).
- On the other hand, only 66% of employees feel that they are able to do their jobs effectively from home.
- And only 67% of employees feel safe.
Effectory COVID-19 Workforce Pulse
Use our COVID-19 Workforce Pulses to gain insights in employees’ wellbeing, enablement & communication to bounce back faster and stronger.Request information
How do you keep employees engaged?
Stay in touch with your employees. Work with them to build the future of your organization. Use these five tips to keep your employees engaged:
- Adjust your mindset. Set long-term goals. And make sure that they are both clear and admirable. The way that your organization treats people now will not be forgotten. Not only by your employees and potential employees, but also by your customers.
- Give your employees the tools they need to work from home efficiently and safely. These tools can make your employees 63% more productive, 61% better able to support customers and 52% better able to collaborate.
- Offer your employees perspective and a sense of purpose: What can you do now to ensure your organization remains relevant? This will ensure 49% more confidence in the future of your organization and a 42% higher eNPS — the likelihood that your employees will recommend your organization to people that they know.
- Invest in the development of your employees: What skills and capabilities will be relevant in the coming weeks or months? Offer training sessions and prevent more employees (25%) leaving your company because they do not receive any training.
- Strengthen the bonds between your employees, for example by setting up virtual lunches or virtual Friday evening drinks. Make sure to continue these events even as we begin to return to our offices in shifts.
How do you innovate during the COVID-19 pandemic?
To make sure your organization survives this crisis, it is important to be innovative. Innovation in terms of your products and services, certainly; but even more important is an innovative approach to customer relations, engagement and employee satisfaction. If you provide the framework for innovation, 43% of your employees will be keen to join you in that quest. And right now, that is more important than ever. The Effectory COVID-19 Workforce Pulse shows that the strongest organizations are those that get their employees involved. They already know that the only way we are going to get through this crisis is by working together.
Are you keen to find out more about employee engagement, crisis management, leadership and being a good employer? Each week, Effectory hosts a free webinar covering a topic that is relevant to the times we now live in. Find out more!
Join our upcoming webinar!
Free webinars with Effectory’s HRLab series. Sign up and we’ll keep you updated on upcoming events.Register